Location: Springfield, VA
The Senior Database Management Specialist supports a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Springfield, VA. Senior Database Management Specialist responsibilities include:
Qualities/Additional info: Senior Database Management Specialist should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Senior Database Management Specialist should also be self-starters, capable of working on projects independently, if required. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<15%) long distance travel.
Required Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six years of relevant professional experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 10+ yrs relational [ODBC compliant] Database experience under multiple Operating Systems (e.g. Linux Red Hat, Windows 2000, and Solaris 2.9).
- Must have at least seven years Oracle DB experience with at least one year on versions 9i or 10.
- Exceptional writing and documentation skills.
- Security Information Management (SIM), and Computer Associates Unicenter and Portal solutions.
- Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools (e.g., NetForensics, ArcSight)
Level of Clearance Required: TS/SCI
US Citizenship Required: Yes